To build understanding and interest in the profession of landscape architecture, educate the public, private and government sectors on their role in society. Raise the profile of the profession’s premier national event, the Festival of Landscape Architecture, through a widespread media relations program.
- We engaged with long-lead and online publications to publish the event in ‘What’s On’, calendar and event sections.
- We invited media, bloggers and influencers from across the arts and entertainment, national affairs, environment and health sectors to attend and cover the opening night and key events throughout the Festival program. This resulted in representation from and coverage in Fairfax, Green Magazine, Domain, The Weekly Review, Affix Magazine and Curve Magazine.
- We selected the most newsworthy aspects of the Festival (research papers, key speakers and presentations, activations etc.) and targeted relevant metropolitan, national and industry media, offering interviews with suitable talent and AILA representatives.
- We achieved widespread national and state media coverage of the Festival including features on ABC Radio National, The Age, The Sydney Morning Herald, The Canberra Times and WAToday.
- We secured in-depth feature interviews with Festival speakers in national media including Fairfax’s Spectrum Magazine and the Australian Financial Review’s Life and Leisure magazine.
- We generated substantial coverage in industry media including ArchitectureAU, Architects Corner, ArchitectureNOW, Garden Drum, Architecture and Design, Outdoor Design Source, Landscape Architecture AU and Landscape Architecture NZ.