To assist Carers ACT executive team with strategic communication support including full service marketing across a 18 month period.
In 2015 Carers ACT was funded by ACT Medicare Local and the Partners in Recovery (PIR) program to develop a print and interactive digital guide for families and carers seeking to navigate the acute mental health system in Canberra. The guide had to assist patients and their carers through a complex system in times of acute personal stress. The guide had to meet the needs of a variety of users with complex accessibility issues. The time frame available for this project was also constrained by a number of immovable factors.
- We provided market research, technical advice; comprehensive reports and presentation of reports to client stakeholders; strategic input to the five year business plan; strategy and implementation of multi-channelled marketing communication campaigns, issue management support, message development, graphic design, writing, editing, print production including posters, banners, promotional items, brochures and booklets, annual reports, marketing materials development, advertising campaign negotiation and placement, public and stakeholder launch events, websites – design, development and maintenance, social media strategy, management and boosted marketing, PR, media relations and media training, photography and videography, workshop facilitation, focus groups, delivery of projects within time constraints and to tight budgets.
To develop the Mental Health Carers booklet and website guide:
- We undertook participatory research, conducted extensive interviews and consulted with providers and consumers to inform the development of a framework and design concepts for the guide.
- We facilitated workshops with mental health patients, their carers and service providers to map user journeys through the ACT Mental Health system and the various options for service delivery.
- We designed, edited and produced the guide as a book and a mobile responsive website.
- We launched the guide to the media and mental health sector in Canberra.
OPF delivered high quality advice and communication materials that met the growing and changing needs of Carers ACT and were particularly successful in increasing earned media coverage during this period. The Mental Health Carers booklet and website was delivered was widely welcomed by the sector and provided a vital service for people in need. The agency was highly regarded for the in-depth interview, workshop and focus group research undertaken with users and providers to develop the resource.