ClubsACT is the industry body for 47 not-for-profit community clubs across Canberra, advocating for policies to promote a dynamic and prosperous clubs sector.
OPF’s challenge was to create an education campaign to increase awareness and understanding of club services and the valuable contributions clubs make to the local community. The campaign aimed to inspire a shift in public sentiment.
- We undertook qualitative and quantitative research to establish public knowledge and attitudes in relation to community clubs and used this to inform and direct the campaign objectives and strategy.
- We designed an integrated grassroots community education campaign, your canberra clubs.
- The integrated campaign included stakeholder engagement, traditional and digital public relations and marketing methods to target journalists, key opinion leaders, politicians, club members and the residents of Canberra and surrounding regions.
- We built and maintained a campaign website and published regular blog posts.
- We created and managed social media pages, produced daily content and implemented a boosting strategy to reach specific target markets.
- We designed a range of materials including posters, coasters, pull-up banners, infographics, digital collateral and audiovisual community service announcements.
- We staged a campaign launch event attended by key politicians, media, club directors, club managers and community group representatives.
- We generated over 150 pieces of coverage across national and ACT based television, print, radio and online outlets.
- We designed and placed print advertisements across several months of the campaign.
- We established a proud supporter program and secured several campaign ambassadors.
Follow up research demonstrated a significant shift in public sentiment towards and understanding about the club sector.
Awards and recognition
This campaign was Highly Commended in the 2016 Public Relations Institute of Australia’s annual awards program.