To increase awareness of and reporting to Crime Stoppers amongst local suburban retailers, their staff and the community at large – particularly those who are most vulnerable.
- We developed and implemented a communications strategy that increased the awareness of the strategic importance of Crime Stoppers in the community and its role in keeping the community safe.
- We staged two media events to create awareness of the campaign.
- We used face-to-face engagement, print collateral production and distribution, and social media promotion to educated the community.
- We engaged one on one with 328 businesses, in 41 Canberra suburbs, which prompted significant awareness and interest.
- We distributed over 3,000 brochures and 328 large format posters.
- The increased awareness of Crime Stoppers in the ACT generated through this campaign increased reporting from the community.
This campaign achieved a 28% increase in Crime Stoppers web reports received in May 2016, compared to May 2015. As well as a 49.5% increase in information reports in May 2016, compared to May 2015.
Awards & Recognition
This campaign won an ACT Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA) Golden Target Award and was awarded Highly Commended in the national PRIA awards in 2016.