To create a brand for the new owners of a resource recycling and landfill site and support them with communication materials and processes over the course of the application, construction and operation periods.
Develop and activate a comprehensive community liaison strategy to assist the client in building and improving relations with state and local authorities and with the neighbours of the site, who had not been appropriately consulted by previous owners.
- We created a new brand. This included selecting a name, designing a comprehensive stationary suite and collateral pack, and producing a 110 page business plan document.
- We developed and manage a website, publishing blog posts and regular updates – the site will also provide realtime environmental monitoring for the community when the site becomes operational later in 2017.
- We established and manage a social media presence.
- We designed a community newsletter to introduce the new owners and provide information about the site, hand-delivering this material to over 200 residents.
- We developed an electronic newsletter database, and create and distribute regular newsletters to inform the community of updates and other news.
- We established a separate community email address, phone line and website enquiry form to facilitate an easy way for people to ask questions.
- We man the community phone line six days a week for this client including extended hours on week days.
- We assisted the developer to identify an appropriate chairperson for the establishment of a community consultation committee and continue to support that committee.
OPF is retained to provide ongoing community engagement, communication strategy and services to Patons Lane.