To showcase the formidable force, diversity and capability of regional businesses across Australia, whilst promoting Google Australia as technical facilitator for business success and RAI as the leading think-tank on regional issues.
- We helped RAI to create a national competition framework, Regional Online Heroes, to find the most digitally innovative businesses in regional Australia.
- We built a comprehensive suite of campaign materials including a logo, digital and print collateral and an integrated website.
- We partnered with Google to offer an amazing prize package including flights and accommodation for ten Regional Online Heroes to attend a masterclass at Google HQ in Sydney with a celebration dinner on Sydney Harbour.
- We promoted the competition to RAI’s extensive network, leading industry bodies, state and commonwealth Members of Parliament and local Mayors.
- We engaged the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Regional Affairs, the Hon Warren Truss MP, and esteemed regional businesswoman, Jane Cay of Birdsnest, as the expert judging panel.
- We received almost 200 outstanding entries from regional businesses around the country, from a peer-to-peer farm minding business in Parkes NSW, to a 12 year old app developer from Cairns, QLD.
- OPF achieved widespread media coverage of the competition and its ten exceptional finalists, while the broader achievements of regional businesses everywhere was also profiled. National print, radio, television and online coverage included The Australian and the Prime Seven Network and continued for over three months.
The inaugural 2015 competition was such a big success, the competition ran again in 2016, with plans to continue for many years to come.