ACT Region Crime Stoppers
Project: Crime Stoppers Australia National Conference 2018
The Crime Stoppers Australia National Conference is the premier event in the promotion of safety and security within Australian communities. The Conference has been held in various jurisdictions in the past and in 2018 Crime Stoppers Australia decided to host the Conference in Canberra due to the close proximity to delegates.
ACT Region Crime Stoppers was to host the Crime Stoppers Australia National Conference in 2018 and deliver an engaging and informative forum over two days in Canberra. OPF Consulting (OPF) was contracted to assist the Conference Committee deliver the event, manage all marketing and communication materials, the design and development of the conference website and undertake a post-event survey.
Two key challenges for OPF was to secure high profile speakers that would attract prospecting attendees and develop the Conference brand.
- OPF delivered an engaging and highly successful Conference with 69.5 delegates attending and securing 21 speakers from various sectors.
- OPF collaborated with ACT Region Crime Stoppers and Crime Stoppers Australia to draft and finalise the conference program and theme. We also contacted potential guest speakers, coordinated these speakers and arranged accommodation packages for delegates.
- OPF secured sponsorship from 6 organisations, significantly offsetting the cost and executing the event with a surplus.
The OPF team:
- Designed and developed the 20th Anniversary and Conference brands. Built and maintained the Conference website and online ticketing system.
- Coordinated two social/networking events for delegates.
- Wrote and distributed regular electronic conference updates.
- Managed media relations for the Conference, across regional ACT and national television, print and radio media.
- Designed, produced and packed delegate bags and name badges.
- Secured a high-profile Federal Government Minister as well as 20 other industry leaders as guest speakers. Executed a qualitative and quantitative post-event survey for delegates.