Australian Institute of Landscape Architects (AILA)
Build the understanding of the profession of landscape architecture, educate the public, private and government sectors on their role in society and raise the profile of the profession’s premier national event, the Festival of Landscape Architecture.
Launch a widespread media relations program targeting media across industry and related industry, arts and entertainment, national affairs, environmental and health press. The program included speaker profiling and interviews, event profiling, ‘What’s On’ media, and engaging leading journalists to attend and cover Opening Night and key program events.
- We selected the most newsworthy aspects of the Festival and Research Summit (research papers, presentations etc.) and sold these in to relevant metropolitan, national and industry media, offering interviews with relevant talent and AILA representatives.
- We invited key national, metro, and industry media to attend the Summit and cover relevant program items.
- We engaged with long lead publications to cover the Festival in ‘What’s On’, calendar sections or event profiling sections.
- We pitched interview and profiling opportunities with keynote speakers to news media, focusing on specific interest areas of each speaker
- We pitched interviews with the Victorian Landscape Architecture Award winners (key festival program event) to Victorian state, relevant local and industry media
- We achieved widespread national and state coverage of the Festival, including features on ABC Radio National, The Age, The Sydney Morning Herald, The Canberra Times and WAToday
- We achieved in-depth feature interviews with Festival speakers in national media, including Fairfax’s Spectrum Magazine and the Australian Financial Review’s Life & Leisure magazine
- We generated substantial coverage in industry media including ArchitectureAU, Architects Corner, ArchitectureNOW, Garden Drum, Architecture and Design, Outdoor Design Source, Landscape Architecture AU and Landscape Architecture NZ
- We secured media attendance with mainstream and industry media, including representatives from Fairfax, Green Magazine, Domain, The Weekly Review, Affix Magazine and Curve Magazine.